The goal of microneedling is to create microperforations (small, invisible punctures) in the dermal (lower) layers of your skin while keeping the epidermal (the outer protective layer) intact. This breaks up the old collagen strands in the dermal layers, prompting the production of new collagen and elastin fibers. This technique is known as Collagen Induced Technique (CIT). All this is a very complex process, but the principle is quite easy to understand.
Using a small handheld sterile medical device with multiple micro needles, your aesthetician will perform 1-3 passes over the skin. As the microneedles create microperforations, the skin reacts by shifting into its natural repair mechanism as it produces new collagen and elastin. This natural skin renewal process works from the inside out, striving to deliver smoother, tighter, more evenly toned skin. This treatment is available for the face, neck and chest.
Micro Needling targets:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Hyperpigmentation (dark or red spots)
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Skin pigment issues such as melasma
- Some raised scarring (example: surgical scars)
- Depressed scars (example: acne scars)
Benefits of Micro Needling:
- Smooths the surface of the skin
- Stimulates circulation
- Evens skin tone
- Induces collagen
- Improves the overall condition and appearance of the skin
- Results in younger more youthful fresher skin
- Results like this were once only possible through more invasive treatments with significant down time, but with microneedling, you can see visible results quickly, without having to put your life on ho
Please note that after micro-needling you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This is normal and will subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day or 24 hours. Your practitioner will prescribe a Eclipse Aesthetics approved post-procedure skincare.
3 Different Stages of Micro Needling:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) up to 50% boost in collagen production
- Growth Factor (GF) up to 75% boost in collagen production
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) up to 88% boost in collagen production